Winter Outdoor Vise Cover

 





Today is 12 13 2022 I will provide an introduction to this blog as well as my tips on safely upcycling tires as well as more great ideas.

But here are some important ideas.

1. New razor blade in a full handle secure carpet knife.  Blade will only be good for one or two cuts.

2.  Secure a tire in vise while cutting.  If you part an initial mid depth cut and cut there again that works better.

3. Never pull razor toward you other hand.

4. If you have kevlar gloves wear them.

5. Blades can snap.  Wear full shield eye protection with no ricochet areas for blade to travel.

****""

Tires are a problem. But just think of all the latent utility in that strong, flexible, water proof and abrasion resistant material!!!!!  You've got something there!

*****'. That second photo is an upcycled electric lawn mower cowling.  I will replace it with a larger tire arc as in photo one when I get time.

*****'

The bead area of the tire where it meets the rim is hard to cut through.  Even with all sorts metal snips.

In photo 1 I cut that perimeter off before consideration of new end use.

That shape of the tire holds to the vise like a glove or clam.  I don't believe a strong wind could do take it.  But hole can be drilled and lynards attached.

******.

I have made some really useful things from old tires.

*****"'

The tire section on the red vise was from a trailer tire that developed a 4" egg or ballooning out piece.  Making it unusable for travel.  I couldn't believe it when in I looked at it. 

******'

Enjoy.  These ideas are hard to come by.

Thomas Murphy


© 2022 Thomas Murphy 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog